Wednesday, April 9, 2008

... kick me ...


A fabulous commentary ran this morning on NPR. If you're not a fan of FRANK DEFORD, you should be. This morning's piece, "Sweetness and Light" suggests that perhaps the Olympic Games have run their course in our contemporary, global experience ... it's a good read, but a better listen. CLICK HERE and give Deford's piece some consideration (at the very least, I learned that the Olympic torch was the brain child of Nazi Germany ... interesting, and makes it ~ as a symbol ~ lose just a bit of its mystique ... at least for this idealist.)

3 comments:

kleinbeck said...

I love Frank Deford!!! Everything I know about the contemporary sports world, I learned from Frank. (I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.) :)

C Staude said...

Awesome piece by ole Frank! He's one of my NPR heroes! The guy has his head on straight, that's for sure!

Mollie Spieker said...

I, too, love Frank. Does he still do weekly essays on NPR? He used to on Thursday mornings and he made EVEN ME interested in sports. Funny, his picture looks much I the Frank in my imagination. Hope you're well!