Monday, January 29, 2007

What Defines a Really Terrific Day ...


I am procrastinating.


Which is really rare for me; so there is a part of me that has this deep, psychological need to determine what is causing my avoidance issues ... BUT, I'll deal with that later.


For now - I am going to share what made today truly a stellar day among days. Those reading will quickly note that, clearly, it doesn't take "much" to bring happiness to the Jameson household.


First, we were up early. Really, really early. 5AM early. With the aroma of coffee (a delicious Sumatra blend from Starbucks, yum) already in the air. Beginning the day snuggled in with a cuppa java and CNN is just about the best start to the morning.
Work early - and even with dull meetings all afternoon - a lovely lunch with friends, work out in the afternoon, delicious supper from scratch consummed in the kitchen, with candles cozily glowing (where all meals are truly meant to be consumed) and even fresh apples and cheese for dessert ... and now, time for a glass of robust red vino and time to catch up on things like blogs, facebooks, personal emails, and digital life. What a day.


Does this make me boring? Or truly suburban? Or painfully simply? I don't know. But there is something totally relaxing about a totally jam-packed day that comes off on schedule. At a relaxed pace as opposed to a frenetic dash.
I just had to write it down; so that in the mayhem that will be this year I am reminded of what tranquility feels like ...
Onward & Upward+

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Heeeyyy! Awesome! I LOVE reading your posts! I feel like I learn more about you than I do during our brief and much too infrequent visits between states!! Miss you!!!!!!!!!!

C Staude said...

Wow! 2 posts in a almost a row! I am thrilled! That way even if you don't cover over to use the "mill" I can "see ya!" Keep it up kid!
Mom